Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our chemo visit today

September 9, 2008

We started on our second set of 3 weeks on 1 week off doses of the new chemo "Abraxaine."
It seems to be working well. The cancer is visably shrinking and drying up. "GOOD NEWS."
I don't know how many sets we will do, but I am guessing 3-4. That would be another 12-16 weeks. Then if all is well, we will start the radiation therapy which will last about 5-8 weeks depending on how it is working.

This cancer has now been put in a class of "chronic" by the doctor. Meaning that we will never beat it, but hopefully we can control it for a good piece of time.

Mom is doing OK. All in all, she is doing great! This whole thing with Shawn has taken us both back a bit, but we are doing OK today. We stopped along the west side of the freeway (on the dirt access road) North of the springville exit, and found a whole bunch of neat stuff to photograph today. We even found a couple of things we have never seen before. It is always amazing that there is so much neat stuff right here in our own back yard, so to speak.

We only have to go in for neupogen shots twice this week. Saturday & Sunday. Her white counts are doing a lot better with this new chemo.

Well, hope this helps keep everyone up to date. I guess it is only as good if someone gets on line though. I hope to keep this up with updates as they happen...check in often and if I am not doing my job, GIVE ME HELL!

Love Grandma & Grandpa

No comments: